The University of Waikato is pleased to announce the Executive Education Emerging Leader Award. The award is open for students who reside in either the Bay of Plenty or Waikato regions and have applied and been accepted into the MBA or PGDip (MgtSt) program at the University of Waikato.
The Award is intended to support these emerging leaders to undertake a Master of Business Administration (MBA) or Postgraduate Diploma in Management Studies (PGDip (MgtSt)) at the University of Waikato.
The University of Waikato, informally Waikato University, is a comprehensive university in Hamilton, New Zealand. Its vision is to work with committed leaders and their teams, within and beyond the education sector to enhance leadership and teaching practice
Applications Deadline: February 15, 2019
Course Level: The award is open for an MBA or PGDip (MgtSt) program
Study Subject: The award will be given in the field of Management/Commerce
Scholarship Award: The Award will be up to $10,000 and will be paid towards the applicant’s full tuition fees in the year of tenure for the MBA or PGDip (MgtSt) program.
Nationality: New Zealand
Number of Scholarships: There is only one scholarship available.
Scholarship can be taken in New Zealand
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
To be eligible, the applicants must be following all the given criteria:
Eligible Countries: Scholarships are available to students from New Zealand.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of New Zealand
- Reside in the Bay of Plenty or Waikato regions
- Be an Emerging Leader within the Bay of Plenty or Waikato business community
- Have applied for, and been accepted into the MBA or PGDip(MgtSt) program; and
- Not has been a previous recipient of any Waikato Management School (WMS) University of Waikato Scholarship or Award for the MBA or PGDip (MgtSt).
As part of the online application process, each applicant must:
- Complete and upload the prescribed Personal Statement form that includes (but is not limited to) the following subheadings:
- Leadership contribution to business and the community in the Bay of Plenty or Waikato
- Ongoing leadership potential
- Management experience; and
- The impact of postgraduate study/qualification on your business and how it would add value to the Bay of Plenty or Waikato economies.
- Request references from two referees; one of these must be from your employer or business associate if self-employed
How to Apply: To apply for the scholarship, the applicants must submit an online application through the given link: https://www.waikato.ac.nz/scholarships/application-forms/Executive-Education-Emerging-Leader-scholarship